On-page SEO is the ongoing process of optimizing the individual web pages within your website in order to get a higher ranking in search engines. A higher ranking will result in more website traffic.
On-page SEO optimization can be a very complicated process. This doesn’t come as a surprise, especially because Google’s algorithm considers more than 200 factors when ranking websites.
All this means is that there are now many elements to optimize to reach your desired ranking. If you want your online visibility to improve, it is important that you understand what on-page SEO is all about.
What is on-page SEO?
On-page SEO is the optimization that you do within your website. When it comes to on-page search engine optimization, your main goal is to make your site more valuable and usable to users in order to increase your visibility and rankings in search engines.
Why is on-page SEO important?
On-page SEO is important as it results in higher search rankings, more conversions, and increased website traffic.
This SEO strategy takes a long time but is worth it. Although it takes time to see the results, once your SEO strategy starts working then you will be rewarded. With an organic boost from the search engines, you can expect to see increased sales, website traffic, and higher rankings for your months of hard work.
What are the on-page SEO ranking factors?
As far as on-page SEO is concerned, there are various ranking factors that should be considered.
Your goal must be to ensure that all of these factors have been properly optimized. You should take your time to optimize every single one of these factors so that you can improve your website rankings. And staying on top of your on-page SEO will make your website harder to beat and more competitive.
The following are the factors that you need to focus on:
- Mobile-friendly / mobile-first design
- Title tag
- Header tags
- Meta description
- Alt tags
- Optimized images
- Website Content
- Internal linking
And some examples of the important action items include:
- Writing quality and in-depth content
- Optimizing your meta descriptions and title tags
- Streamlining the navigation of your website
- Cleaning up the code of your website
- Improving your website’s speed
How is on-page SEO evaluated?
There are so many factors these days as these search engines are doing weekly updates it seems.
You can choose to use special software for auditing your website or you could check the separate pages yourself depending on what you want.
If you opt to do it manually, be warned as it is a lot of work. Here are a few of the following steps you can use as your basis for on-page SEO such as:
- Do you use keywords for all pages? Do these keywords deliver visitors? If they don’t, why do you still use the keywords?
- Do you link your website pages to one another? Can this help your visitors go from one page to another in just one to two clicks?
- Does your website load fast? Or are there some pages that load too slowly? If you are encountering some issues, make sure you look for the root cause of the problem. A website that loads slowly is never something that both bot and human visitors alike.
- Do you have fresh content on your website? Are your articles over a year old? Did something change or does it still remain relevant?
Similar to off-page SEO and technical SEO, this strategy is another time-consuming but highly rewarding project. Just remember to pay attention to your on-page SEO and you’ll experience the difference it can make to your website.
Also, you really can’t be cheap if you’re serious about your website’s growth… if you get to your breaking point, don’t give up. You need to hire a professional with credibility or invest in professional software that’ll make all of this easier such as SEMrush or Ahrefs.
I’m Cartez Augustus, a content creator based in Houston, Texas. Recently, I’ve been delving into different content marketing niches to achieve significant website growth. I enjoy experimenting with AI, SEO, and PPC. Creating content has been an exciting journey, enabling me to connect with individuals who possess a wealth of knowledge in these fields.